What's new

Sony bumps second wave of Bd titles to end of July (1 Viewer)

Rob_HD

Stunt Coordinator
BD camp are having major problems with duplication of disks - so they apparently aren't able to do enough volumes yet and had to scale back the launched titles because of this, probably.

Juan C

Second Unit

Pure FUD. Initial volumes are being so low (both with HD DVD and Blu-ray) that they have ample capacity, low yields notwithstanding.

Initial Sony slate was nine titles on May 23 and seven on June 27. If you push back first wave by four weeks, it makes sense to do the same thing with the second.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

This Rob_HD guy is obviously some kind of HD-DVD industry plant. I did a search for all of his posts and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was either a pro HD-DVD post or a post trying to spread FUD about Blu-ray. I hate idiots like this. They seem to have infected every home theater forum I frequent. It's morons like this on both sides that have pretty much soured me on either format.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

And more evidence on how desperate the HD-DVD camp has become: lowering the initial player to $500.00 and selling it below profit margins and having to use plants like this. Just think how bad it will be when BD is actually released :)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Cool, we have an HD plant here!

And I hope Blu Ray fanboys enjoy their "stellar" initial releases, because it's gonna be a while before they see the second wave of similar releases...

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

And your release info comes from where? HDVDfanboys.com or is it somewhere else? Pushing 1st and 2nd waves back by a month each is hardly a long while.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

Hopefully you're not calling me a fanboy. Like I've said, I'm sick of hearing idiots from both sides argue like 8 year olds discussing which video game system "rules."

I've been a member of this site since it began (I'm on my second username because I forgot my first one back in '99). I'm no newbie. This HD-DVD and Blu-ray fanboyism has gotten out of hand. Too bad. This used to be one of the most civil and intelligent message boards around. How times have changed.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I predict things will quiet down when Blu-Ray comes to market. It's just the stress of having one out and the other not which is causing the problems, I think, and by the end of June that will have gone.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I rather think the reverse. My prediction is that the initial Blu-Ray players will have some defects, production problems or missing features. Any of them will cause HD-DVD supporters to attack BD and claim superiority for HD-DVD.

And the same as the initial software is released. Shortages of titles and shoretages of titles released will again be a reason for emotive statements.

After all the DTS camp never stopped (and some are even maintaining DTS superiority in the new HD formats even before anyone has had a chance to actually hear the new formats, much less compare them in some controlled way.

Personally I’m convinced that both formats will provide a great viewing and listening experience. Unless I can hold out for a universal player, I’ll probably buy into both.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member

Nope. Never said it. Actually, I'm going to get a Blu Ray player as well, as I loves me HD content, but certain attitudes around here got my hackles raised and I felt the need to defend my investment in HD DVD. Actually, the posts in this so-called High Def software section has gotten quite sad indeed.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I haven't bought HD-DVD yet, because I didn't want to early adopt like I did with DVD. But, seeing "Species" as a Blu-Ray title is a very tempting offer to early adopt against my will.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks