What's new

Sony BDP-S5500 BD Player: Youtube History not same as other Devices (1 Viewer)

Jeff S in NJ

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Sumberg
I'm hoping somebody out there also uses this model player and can confirm if they are seeing the same issue I am with the YOUTUBE app.

I have a Google account and on all devices I use, I am signed into the same account. When I use the YouTube app on my phone, tablet, or desktop, I see the same information. The history is the same, the subscriptions are the same, the watch later list ids the same.

Not so on the Sony BD player YouTube app. There, even though I am signed into the same Google account, the history, subs, and watch later lists are different. They are unique to the device. The entries on the other devices don't show on the Sony, and the items done on the Sony don't show on the other devices.

This is not how it's supposed to work. If you use a single Google account, everything should be synced up, all devices showing the same info.

I'm guessing the YouTube app on the player is broken (software errors) somehow, and never to be updated.

Anyone else see this?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Sorry Jeff, I don't have that model. I can check my Sony (5200) and see if it behaves the same.

Jeff S in NJ

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Sumberg
I figured it out. I had a YouTube "channel" and a Google account. They aren't the same, but the channel is supposed to default to my account, which it does on all other devices. When I logged off (the BD player) and attempted to log in again, I was presented with the two accounts. I choose the "channel" account, and that fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread