What's new

Sony bdp s3700 (1 Viewer)

Quasimodo

Auditioning
Real Name
John Colley
Hi Everybody
I have a ps3 so can play Blue ray but not the 'B' rated this is why I bought the above unit I also have an oppo dvd player which is region free, all the non blue ray discs I have I never ever have a problem playing This player will play all my blue rays I am pleased with the quality through my amp BUT I know this is .set up as region 2 (why everything is not region free in these days I do not know) If I try ANY region 2 standard DVD's the screen gives me 'mode not supported' and plays only the intro music from the disc and the remote wont let me progress them , if I put any other ordinary dvd of any other region it tells me on the screen it cannot play it, So am I mistaken that this unit should play standard DVD's So then after that if I put in any blue ray the screen is perfect and the disc will play, does anyone have any idea why the standard discs wont play PLEASE before I bought the Sony I tried a cheaper LG BP350 from my neighbour, and this worked fine but didnt have a sound out feature for my amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks