What's new

Sony bdp s3700 (1 Viewer)

Quasimodo

Auditioning
Real Name
John Colley
Hi Everybody
I have a ps3 so can play Blue ray but not the 'B' rated this is why I bought the above unit I also have an oppo dvd player which is region free, all the non blue ray discs I have I never ever have a problem playing This player will play all my blue rays I am pleased with the quality through my amp BUT I know this is .set up as region 2 (why everything is not region free in these days I do not know) If I try ANY region 2 standard DVD's the screen gives me 'mode not supported' and plays only the intro music from the disc and the remote wont let me progress them , if I put any other ordinary dvd of any other region it tells me on the screen it cannot play it, So am I mistaken that this unit should play standard DVD's So then after that if I put in any blue ray the screen is perfect and the disc will play, does anyone have any idea why the standard discs wont play PLEASE before I bought the Sony I tried a cheaper LG BP350 from my neighbour, and this worked fine but didnt have a sound out feature for my amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks