What's new

Sony bdp-s350 problems (1 Viewer)

Victor Ruiz

Auditioning
Real Name
Victor
Hi to everybody, maybe this question has been asked before about this particular model Sony bdp-s350, I have been reading around the internet about the same issue. The problem is that some bd discs will play and others don't, for example, it will play 10000 b.c. but it won't play public enemies. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Victor Ruiz

Auditioning
Real Name
Victor
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I have updated the firmware via ethernet, but still the same problem. This issue is with several of my bd discs i.e. terminator salvation, righteous kill, the boondock saints, etc. and others play just fine, I even contacted Sony support, did a reset, disconnected the unit, etc., as per the support person at Sony, needs service. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

p.s. all regular dvd's play just fine.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The only other thing I can think of is if you have either a dirty laser lens or if some of your discs need cleaning. Otherwise, it sounds like there is a hardware malfunction somewhere.

My BDP-S350 has played every disc I've tried over the past 2.5 years. I had an issue with the audio not synching up with my Pioneer Elite receiver recently on a couple of new titles, but have not experienced the problem since Sony issued another firmware update a few weeks ago.

Victor Ruiz

Auditioning
Real Name
Victor
Hi again, yes it has the new firmware update but same problem persists, I think it is broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks