What's new

Sony BDP-S350 firmware update (ver 015) (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I did the update online Friday night. Everything still worked OK after the update. That's a good sign.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
My S350 came with 007. I downloaded and burned a disc for 010 but haven't updated the player yet.

Besides the BD-Live stuff, which I have no use for, is there any other reason to update?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
In your case the improved BD-Java capability would be a good reason to proceed with the upgrade. That should help menus and other BD-Java apps load faster and/or perform more reliably.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
can anyone confirm if HD over component still works ?

I would like to upgrade but would also like to be sure I still have this feature for when someday I retire it to a tv that has only component connection.

its a nice feature to have and heard it might be disabled someday on future firmware updates ?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Sorry... I don't have a unit available to know for sure one way or the other.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
HD over component works for Blu-ray. It will never be turned off for existing discs through update. What *might* happen is that *future* discs may contain a flag restricting HD output over component, on particular titles.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
appreciate the info, Stephen. I didn't know that and was unsure if they would or not.

Thanks!!!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I seriously doubt if any company would have the gall to shut off the component outs in a future firmware update. A BD player without component outs? That I could see, but not disabling the component outs via firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babarrun
Recent bookmarks