What's new

Sony AVD-C70ES (1 Viewer)

Good morning everyone! I hate to make my first post an "is xxx good" post, but I'm afraid I need to. I'm trying to get away from the HTIB setup, but still have limited space and budget, not to mention the WAF (see, I'm learning already!!). I was wondering if the Sony AVD-C70ES which is a receiver/amp/dvd all-in-1 was a good alternative? I have no idea as to speakers yet. I still have quite a bit of research to do on that end. Thanks in advance for all your help.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Now that they have been discontinued, I think this thing is actually not a bad deal for their current pricing. I have not heard it, but it seems like a good starter piece. Your only limitations in the future are that it is not going to be easy to expand upon, but it could be stuck in a bedroom or something down the road. There are supposed to be new models coming out soon to replace the S50 and C70 though.

I read some reviews of this receiver the other night and apprarently there is some kind of problem with the sub-titles turning on in the middle of a movie for no reason. Has anyone heard of that or had that happen to them?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I had a similar problem with another Sony DVD player, but it only happens on select discs. If I selected English subs, I would get French (if you select French, you'd get French), and if you turned them off, they would come back on. I would have to go to the main setup menu and make my selection again when this happened, then everything was OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks