Sony Archive MOD (2 Viewers)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Justin Ray said:
attachicon.gif
19ithadtobeyou (COL).jpg

And.... I'm STILL waiting for It Had to Be You with Ginger Rogers and Cornel Wilde--- ANOTHER small gem that deserves rediscovery.
Available on DVD in the UK as part of a 6-movie Ginger Rogers collection.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
October 1st releases:

Whatever (1998)
Gidget Gets Married (1972)
Kiss Me, Kill Me (1976)
The Comic (1969)
Air Hostess (1933)
Babies for Sale (1940)
Unwelcome Stranger (1935)
Made in Italy (1965)
Party of Five: The Complete Sixth Season
Happy Endings: The Complete Third Season

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
December 3rd releases according to TheDigitalBits:

Passions - (Not sure if this is the 1984 TV movie because IMDB lists Warner Bros. as a production company)
Help Me, Darling - (I think this is the 1969 Italian film Amore mio aiutami a.k.a. Help Me My Love but I'm not sure)
My Brother Anastasia (1973)
The Belle of Broadway (1926)
Pirates of Tripoli (1955)
Elizabeth Taylor: Auction of a Lifetime (2012) - (No IMDB Entry)
Salvage 1: Hard Water (1979) - (The first two episodes of Season 2, apparently)

Also, I don't know what happened to November announcements; looks like they went from October straight to December.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I'm on Sony's Press Site. They haven't uploaded any info for any November MOD releases.

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
They have never skipped a month, have they?

Hopefully some stuff pops up for November.

FrankXS

Second Unit
Does anyone on this site have any contact with Sony/Columbia ? If so would you check to see if they plan to release the Joan Crawford war time movie-They All Kissed the Bride on MOD. With Warner Archives' Facebook page saying that they are remastering her unreleased early 1930's MGM titles......Kissed the Bride...would be just about the last worthwhile title left to become available (I know LETTY LYNTON).

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
November 5th Releases:

Once Upon a Spy (1980)
Sail a Crooked Ship (1961)
The Lindbergh Kidnapping Case (1976)
Unknown Valley (1933)
Beach Patrol (1979)
Kill Me Quick, I’m Cold (1967)
Bambole! (a.k.a. The Dolls) (1965)
Salvage 1: Golden Orbit (1979)
Breaking Up is Hard to Do (1979)
Battle Dome: The Complete First Season
Charley Chase Shorts: Volume 2 (includes The Big Squirt, Calling All Doctors, From Bad to Worse, The Grand Hooter, His Bridal Fright, Many Sappy Returns, The Night Shirt Bandit, Pie a la Maid, The Sap Takes a Wrap, Teacher’s Pest, Time Out for Trouble and The Wrong Miss Wright)

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I keep hoping to see a MOD of the rare 1962 Columbia rave-up TWO TICKETS TO PARIS, which stars Joey Dee and the Starlighters, and Charles Nelson Reilly. They've released several "youth" themed MODs, so maybe we'll see that title someday.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
MLamarre said:
Charley Chase Shorts: Volume 2 (includes The Big Squirt, Calling All Doctors, From Bad to Worse, The Grand Hooter, His Bridal Fright, Many Sappy Returns, The Night Shirt Bandit, Pie a la Maid, The Sap Takes a Wrap, Teacher’s Pest, Time Out for Trouble and The Wrong Miss Wright)
YES!

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
If anyone spots front or rear box art for the Chase release, please post it here.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
Nice to see them speeding up a bit with the growing lists. I know they aren't WB, but a good number of batches like that a month is still a nice start for them to get deeper into their library.

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
The Chase set is an easy buy... I've been hoping for it ever since the first volume came out.

Hopefully, volume two sells well and they dig deeper into their shorts library. The Harry Langdon series and Andy Clyde series would probably be next on most wish lists. Langdon's series probably could be finished off in two discs, but Clyde appeared in 79 shorts at Columbia, second only to the Three Stooges (190).

Sony still has some other Chase-related shorts, titles he wrote or directed for others in the unit. Some of those have been released (the Three Stooges, the Smith & Dale short on Vol 1) but there's several others that haven't been.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Any word on the Columbia cartoons from the 1930s and '40s? They did a series called "Color Rhapsodies" (a play on Merrie Melodies and Silly Symphonies) that included one of the most beautifully designed cartoons I've ever seen, "The Merry Mannequins" (1939), directed by Ub Iwerks. I'd love to see DVD collections of these cartoons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks