HTF News Editor
Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Scott Hart
Scott Hart

Sony Announces Entry Level 4k HDR TV's

Sony-XE70.jpg

Sony has announced a new range of XE70 4K HDR TVs that will enter at the affordable end of the budget spectrum when they're released in July 2017. There will be four screen sizes available to choose from: 43-inch, 49-inch, 55-inch and 65-inch, so more choice than you get with the XE80 series, which only offers the first two sizes.

All screens in the XE70 series support 4K HDR images and content from both Amazon Video and Netflix, and all benefit from Sony's very own X-Reality Pro image processing technology. This technology analyses every aspect of the image on screen, and matches it with an image database to provide the best possible textures, contrast levels, colors and edges.

Motionflow XR technology promises to keep fast moving scenes in check by creating and inserting frames between the original ones to minimize motion blur.

Sound wise, the XE70 series TVs are equipped with Sony's ClearAudio+ technology which gives greater clarity to dialogue, music and sound effects and separates them enough so that each individual aspect can be heard. To add a bit of extra depth to your movies, Cinematic S-Force Surround technology aims to emulate a surround sound effect from just the left and right speaker channels of the TV.

Every TV in the XE70 series comes with Netflix and Amazon Video pre-installed, negating the need for a separate set-top box, unless of course you want to add Sky Q or Now TV. There's also built-in access to YouTube and the Internet via the Opera web browser. If you want to play your own content on the TVs, you can thanks to three USB ports.

Pricing for the XE70 series has yet to be revealed, but we expect it to be revealed closer to the series' July launch date.
Read more.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
They don't say anything about HDR10/Dolby Vision. I hope Sony isn't releasing more TVs without at least HDR10.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Currently have a Sony 2k tv and love the picture but with all the talk about 4k there is a temptation to buy a 4k tv but if I do it will be another Sony so I guess I will have to do my homework and buy the right Sony for me since there are many models out there.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I don't know about Canada, but for the USA Sony will launch the new 60" UHD/HDR KD-60X690E at $1,099 and the 70" KD-70X690E for $1,799 by the end of July.

The 65" X720 will not be in the line-up. Sony will launch the new X720E in 43" at $599, 49" for $699 and 55" $799 all launching by the end of June.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks