What's new

Sony A90J 2021 OLED buyers and owners thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
We’ve got a HTU podcast recording at 730 but I will try to listen in for the first half.

What’s the scoop on shootout this year? You know I’ve been frustrated about not making it past years. Maybe we can take HTU on the road and chat with you and Fomo live at some point :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
We're definitely hosting our 2021 TV Shootout Evaluation event this year. No exact date at this moment, but likely the third week in September.

In Scarsdale or somewhere else??? Will plan on being there if at all possible.

Great youtube video btw guys!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Likely NYC, but ur back-up plan is Scarsdale, NY. Love for you to participate in our 2021 TV Shootout Evaluation event!

Glad you caught FOMO's podcast tonight! I love being on his channel!!

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
We’ve got a HTU podcast recording at 730 but I will try to listen in for the first half.

What’s the scoop on shootout this year? You know I’ve been frustrated about not making it past years. Maybe we can take HTU on the road and chat with you and Fomo live at some point :)
DUDE, I've been binging on your podcasts, loving all your content and guests!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
DUDE, I've been binging on your podcasts, loving all your content and guests!

Aw thanks! And same for me, your podcasts have been fun and informative for sure. You and Robert are like the supertwins of getting out info on new panels =)

Hoping I can attend the shootout for sure, not sure Brian will be able to but we can have him dialed in super easily now. I just recently got travel packs for the rodecaster so have mics, will travel now!

Milt

Grip
Before Pioneer exited the Plasma business, their Kuros were considered to be the very best available. Which Oled is considered to be the very best today in a 77inch? No gaming.

Seems like LG and Sony are mentioned the most, is there a clear cut best? Which is the Kuro of Oled?

Looks like this Master Sony is in the lead at the moment.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Before Pioneer exited the Plasma business, their Kuros were considered to be the very best available. Which Oled is considered to be the very best today in a 77inch? No gaming.

Seems like LG and Sony are mentioned the most, is there a clear cut best? Which is the Kuro of Oled?

Looks like this Master Sony is in the lead at the moment.

The A90J seems to have slight advantages on motion processing and light output but the LG CX, C1 and G1 are fantastic too, at significantly reduced prices from Sony's flagship.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The A90J seems to have slight advantages on motion processing and light output but the LG CX, C1 and G1 are fantastic too, at significantly reduced prices from Sony's flagship.
Even though the largest LG screen is 77" while the A90J is 83" for more than twice the price of the LG, I would pass on the latter. One day I will replace my 65" LG OLED with a larger screen size.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks