Sony A55 fades, but B3 works great - HELP!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Summors, May 16, 2001.

1. David Summors

David Summors Auditioning

I purchased a Sony A55 and connected it to my existing dish/cabling, replacing my Sony B3. The B3 consistently had 85% signal on 2, and never fades out. But my new A55 fades constantly and will toggle between 0% reception, and 70%. Although Sony's setup menu says my old round dish was ok, do I need to upgrade to an oval dish anyhow? Is that my problem?
    I cannot get a reliable signal from the A55, even though I returned 3 of them so far. I've tried every single menu option available to me with no luck. Still fades, goes to zero signal and makes that horrible crackling sound every few seconds. But hooking my B3 back up, all is well again. In fact, unless a typhoon rolls across my house, I get a great signal 100% of the time.
    I'm ready to cast a voodoo spell if necessary, I'm SO fed up. My cabling is great, strong signal through it. My dish connection is good. Dish is pointed fine, unless the satellite moved across the sky. I've realigned it at least four billion times.
    Help!

2. Bob Jackson

Bob Jackson Stunt Coordinator

3. David Summors

David Summors Auditioning

After all this mess, I'm seriously considering switching to Dishnetwork. At least I could get a Dolby receiver at a reasonable price.

4. kevin oswald

kevin oswald Agent

You do not need a new dish.. but why not get one.. Go get a completely new system.. cancel old subscription and start new one.. They'll have someone come out set it up and everything..
    ..Kevin