What's new

Sony 945 and JBL N24 (1 Viewer)

Jim Ed

Agent
I have been tweaking my home theater alot lately, after finding this site. It is great. Which leads me to the next question. Should I change the crossover settings on the Sony to match the response range of the N24's? Currently it sounds good, however I think I am missing alot of range between the 225Hz and whatever the LFE point on the PB12. Is there a hard and fast rule?

I also picked up the Avia DVD at lunch, will this help me in determing the settings?

Thanks

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
The N24 usable lower frequency is @ -3 dB = 89Hz per Sound & Vision benchmark.
Since I'm not familiar with your Sony, let me outline what I do.
My Yamaha RX-V995 has a fixed crossover @ 90 Hz, so since I cannot disable the crossover in my AudioSource SW15 sub, I just dialed the crossover control to its MAX setting - basically taking out the AudioSource crossover and letting the Yamaha do its job!! Works great!!! :)
Hope this helps,
Phil

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Where did 225Hz come from? I would say you want to have the crossover come in at 100Hz or less, especially with bookshelf speakers, even if they extend below 100Hz.

Having a gap is not good.

Jim Ed

Agent
Thanks for all the advice, I brought them down to 100hz last night. What a difference in sound. I am not sure why they are set at 225 from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks