What's new

Sony 715 progressive output question (1 Viewer)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
im looking to get a samsung 30" 16:9 HD set, but I have found out that it locks in full mode for progressive

so before I actually get this DVD player (i need to get it before the TV as my current player's motor is going bad) I wanted to know if it's going to properly output 4:3 stuff with windowboxing to the TV so that the full mode lock doesnt matter. My roomie's widescreen set has this problem too and his DVD player outputs 2.35 stuff fine, but 4:3 stuff is stretched and i dont want to have to put all that stuff into interlaced...

thanks!

ChrisTheg

Agent
Well I'm sure that I can probably help you, but your posting doesn't make sence. You started talked about a TV and then about a DVD player. If you respond with what your looking for then I'll tell ya how to fix it or what you need to know. Thanks!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I think what he needs to know is does the DVD player stretch the 4x3 image automatically to fit the 16x9 screen (which some players do) or does it properly read the 4x3 flag and output 4x3 with windowboxing on each side?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks