What's new

Sony 7000 just died...help me choose the Panny 91 (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
My sony 7000 just died last night and I have a 16x9 direct view that locks into 16x9 full mode with 480P input...so I'm now dreaming up upgrading to the Panny 91 *today*. I need a progressive-scan player (can't wait to finally hook up a 480P signal after having this TV for the last 5 years!!!) that can zoom a 4x3 lbxed image in addition to windowboxing 4x3 full-frame material.

Question. I remember people saying early on that sometimes the zoom image was shifted to the left on the display. Is this still the case or was this a "bug" that has been fixed? Is it a pain to adjust this when it happens? Any other bugs I should know about before I take the plunge?

thanks!

-dave

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The left-shift problem, as well as a pink tint problem, were resolved by firmware upgrades. Any new RP-91 should have the latest firmware. If you happen to get an old one that's been sitting in a warehouse for many months, you can perform the firmware upgrade yourself if you have a PC, a CD burner and an Internet connection.

I believe the latest firmware shipping on RP-91's is version 250. Version 236 is readily available for download online. This is the version I am running, and the bugs I have listed above have been corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks