Sony 7000 Audio glitch HELP

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Huck, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Richard Huck

Richard Huck Agent

Hello,long time member and lurker.Need help my Sony 7000 for the last wek or so is having a audio problem,sounds like it can't decide to stay in 5.1 or pro logic,a minor "hiccup" like a stutter happens and then everything fine. This happens on all movies. Went to the service menu and realigned,but to no avail,so I unpluged the unit hoping it would reset but no luck. Does anybody have any ideas,thanks in advance this has been a excellent unit till now 7 years old,maybe that is the problem! Thanks again.Rich

2. Patrick TX

Patrick TX Stunt Coordinator

Does this happen once in every movie? If so, it sounds like a long layer change. My menus almost always are pro logic, then the movie is DTS or DD 5.1. During the layer changes, sometimes on my Sony DVP-S7700 it will flash DPL for a 1/2 a second. Most of the time the change happens too fast to affect the signal. I would also check your cabling. I used to have similar symptoms with an old first gen Sony 330 & an HK receiver via the optical input. My cheapo optical cable had a bad kink in it where the shelf was. I would try a different cable. If nothing else works, you can have my 7700 for cheap. I'm not even using it. Good luck.

3. Richard Huck

Richard Huck Agent

Thanks but this is not a layer change problem something else,what do you want for the 7700? Thanks Rich

4. Patrick TX

Patrick TX Stunt Coordinator

You have mail.[​IMG]