1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony 61S75 Projection - Worth It?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Perry, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Matthew Perry

Matthew Perry Stunt Coordinator

Hi Guy's
    Hopefully some of you can help me out.
    I am looking at purchasing a new Sony 61S75 (61") Projection TV this week. Anything I should be aware of with this model? Is it an alright set, any problems? It is selling for $2700 CDN where I Can pick it up, is this reasonable?
    Any and all help available would be GREATLY appreciated before I purchase this.
    Thanks a lot
    Matt Perry

2. Vishwa Somayaji

Vishwa Somayaji Stunt Coordinator

Are you sure you want to buy an NTSC set now in 2001? Think well so you are not going to regret it. $2700 is a decent price for it but the price of HD ready TVs have come down so much that you can get a 53" sony KP61HS30 for around $3500. Assuming a life of between 5-10 years for a projection TV you will be happy with a HD ready TV. Just a thought.

3. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I have a Sony 61" NTSC and wish I would have waited longer for HDTVs to drop in price before we bought this one. Dont' get me wrong, the picture is very nice. However, my biggest (and only complaint really) is the the horizontal scan lines are visible - even from 15 feet away! I would seriously take Vishwa's advice.

4. Richard_Huntington

Richard_Huntington Stunt Coordinator

For $2700 there are countless high quality HDTV's that you can buy. Buy HDTV and be ready for the future, my friend. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "My wife actually prefers widescreen"