What's new

Sony 55XS955 concern (1 Viewer)

Carmine

Agent
hey once again guys. i noticed something the other day on my 55XS that has me a bit concerned. now, bare with me as it is going to be quite difficult to describe. i have a Denon 2910 connected via component going directly into the TV component input. I have the Denon set to output "interlaced" video. Now, when the Denon is powered up the TV displays a blue wallpaper background until you load a dvd. Upon close look, i noticed what appears to be vertical streaks in the blue background. Directly in the middle of the screen i see a "streak" that goes from the very top directly to the very bottom of the screen. Is this a possible defect in my panels or something not to be too concerned with. I have never noticed before or i just wasn't looking at my screen too closely to ever notice it. Let me know what you think guys.

Thanks.
Carmine

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Do you see it with other sources or any time other than the "blue screen" scenario? If not don't worry about it.

mylan

Screenwriter
I too own the 2910 and have seen this occur due to a loose HDMI cable, have you tried reseating the component cables?
Why do you have the player set to "interlaced"?

Carmine

Agent
have the player set to interlaced as to let the scaler in the Tv upconvert to its native 768P. cables are very snug. i guess i will just live with it since i really dont notice it with the program material on the screen. only see it with a blank screen with a colored background.

thanks for the help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks