What's new

sony 555es any good? (1 Viewer)

Matt Cwieka

Auditioning
Just like the title says, I'm curious as to whether or not the Sony 555ES is any good for a beginners home theater application. As of right now I dont care much about 6.1 or 7.1 (my rooms shape doesnt really allow that either). How does it compare to the new digital Panny Sx45?

Thanks guys :)

btw, they will be powering a Wharfedale 8 cinema (8.3 towers, 8.1 rear, i forget the center model). So power output is an important factor (they arent too sensitive).

- matt

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Matt, the 555ES was a fantastic receiver and if you don't care for 6.1 then by all means go for it. They should have no problems driving those Wharfedales.
One thing to keep in mind though is prices of receivers have come down tremendously. I heard HK525 was being sold for $600 or so shipped. Compare this to the price of the 555ES and if the difference is not much then buy the HK525. It is a good receiver and you will get all the latest decoding formats. Just my $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks