What's new

Sony 53HS10/61HS10 owners calibration question (1 Viewer)

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

There used to be a nice Yahoo group dedicated to 53HS10/61HS10 but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I have a question regarding my TV's 1080i calibration. I have a service instructions on how to calibrate 4:3, 16:9 and 1080i modes (it's a nice PDF file btw). I've followed the instructions and successfully calibrated first two modes. I can't seem to get the 1080i one done though.

When I start 16:9 mode calibration and force it into that mode, I see the screen flicker, which then looks like 16:9 mode. When trying to force it into 1080i mode I don't see any screen resolution change. It stays kind of like 4:3. That's probably why the fine adjustments grid looks OK too. Yet, the actual video on HDTV channels in 1080i mode looks very bad with visible red bleeding on the edged.

Could someone give me any pointers on how to correctly force 1080i mode in the service screen? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Do you have an active HD signal in the background when working on 1080?

You need it ...

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks