What's new

Sony 50" LCD Projection TV Lamp question (1 Viewer)

bruin

Second Unit
Just got this Tv...I just noticed that the replacement lamp indicator lighted up and the tv wouldn't turn on. However I tried turning the tv on again after 2 minutes and the tv came on. It's been less than a month since I got the Tv.

My questions are:

1) Should I notify Best Buy (who I purchased from) to replace the lamp?

2) Should I not worry about it?

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks

James

bruin

Second Unit
The problem isn't that simple. The Tv now seems to be working fine. I'm just worried if it was just a glitch that the lamp came on that one time. Or whether it was a warning ahead of time before the lamp actually goes out.

Has this happened to anyone who owns this TV (WEGA KF-50WE610)?

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
This had been an ongoing problem with these sets but last I read it has been remedied by replacing the lamp. Check out the long and many threads at www.avsforum.com on this.

Danny Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Call Best Buy immediately and demand a replacement. This is a big problem with the tv you have. I just returned mine and ended up getting a Sony 34"XBR910 instead. I'm much happier not having worry about light bulb issues and the picture quality is better on the XBR set.

Danny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks