What's new

Sony 4ES and Ipaq owners... (1 Viewer)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I posted this in the correct forum but got no respones, so...here I go- I am using my Ipaq 3950 as a remote and can get every piece of equipment to work with it EXCEPT my Sony DA4ES. Does anybody have any ideas? Is there a code I punch in or software to download? Thx.

SvenS

Second Unit
If you have a remote software for your iPaq that excepts IR codes then go to Remote Central's forums and download the ProntoEdit 4 software and the codes for the DA4ES and then load up the DA4ES ccf file into the Pronto Edit software and you can then extract the IR Codes from there.

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
Thx for the reply but I do not know how to do that...is there a way to explain in detail what I need to do? Thx

SvenS

Second Unit
Not with out know what software you are using on your iPaq. First off you should check to see if it can indeed except IR codes before bothering to figure anything else out or it would be redundant.

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
First off, try switching the command mode of the receiver to "AV1 instead of AV2. Previous Sony receivers used AV1, but they are usually defaulting to AV1 these days. Most of the pre-programmed universal remotes, including your ipaq/nevo combination, will use AV1 codes.

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
Of course it is in the manual. I think that they even recommend this as a remedy to try if you have problems with universal remote controls. Anyway, you go into the setup menu... it is one of the last items in the menu, "Command Mode: [AV 2]". Switch it to AV 1 instead. Oh and make sure to switch the 4ES' remote (if you ever plan to use it or to learn commands from it into the other one...) to AV1 as well. Use the IR Set button, scroll down to command mode, pick main room, then pick AV1.

Sacha_C

Second Unit
I have the same iPaq as you! But I have the Sony DE985 which my ipaq had no problem at all controlling.

Did you try to select "Audio Receiver" as the device type, "Select a brand" at the 2nd step, then "Sony" and try all the different selections for Sony?

If not the Nevo software can learn commands from the original sony remote, read the help files and it will explain how to make the Nevo software learn each command from the original remote.

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've got the nevo and the sony working...I downloaded codes from mynevo.com directly to my Ipaq. The only problem now is that the screens on the nevo do not have any buttons for surround modes or sources. I guess i have to program all that stuff in and use the learning capabilities. UNLESS one of you knows an easier way???

Users who are viewing this thread