What's new

Sony 444es & PS2 (1 Viewer)

Dave Malo

Agent
I recently purchased a Sony PS2. I been trying to hook it up through my receiver. I have the audio hooked up optically and this is working fine. Its the video I'm having trouble with. I have the yellow video RCA plug connected to the video 2 in port. Then the S video from the receiver monitor out to the T.V. I'm getting no picture. Does the 444es do any type of video switching? or do i have the have the same video inputs. i.e s video to s video, component video to component video.

thank you.

HaryR

Grip
Dave,

I don't know this receiver, but you have to check that it does video upconversion from composite (your yellow RCA) to s video.

My Sony STR-DA4ES does it but I'm not sure many receiver have this feature.

If it does not (like I think), just run another yellow RCA cable from your receiver monitor out to the TV.

Drew Olufson

Auditioning
I have the Sony 555es and it's the same receiver. You need to use the same video output that you used for the input. Hope it helps :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you have enough video inputs on your TV, just send the video directly to the TV. No real benefit with the extra connection.

Ryan DC

Agent
I have a DA4ES, when I connected my PS2 to any of the composite inputs (Vid. 1,2,3, sat/TV) and used the S-video monitor out to my TV it up-converted the signal. Try connecting your yellow video plug to the vid 3 or 1 input and make sure you select the proper input on your remote or using the dial input on the front of the receiver. IF that doesn't work try hooking the PS2 composite cable directly to your TV and if it works fine then I would assume your DA4ES has a defect. As a matter of fact my DA4ES has a defect when using the front vid. 3 input. It will display vertical bars on the screen with the graphics and for that reason I'm going to exchange it for another one.

Ryan DC

Agent
My fault, I should've looked at your heading better. I thought it said you had the DA4ES. In that case you must use the same cable as your PS2 running out to your TV because the 444 does not have the up-converting feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks