Sony 43HT20 or Hitachi UWX10b please help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Blair W, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Blair W

Blair W Auditioning

I have been thinking about which rear projection, HDTV to buy for a while now. Due to the size of the room i cannot go any bigger than 43".

I know these tv's are note likely candidates to be comparing (as one is 4:3 and the other is 16:9). I decided i would rather the sony 43HT20 than the Hitachi 43FDX01B, but since sony does not have a 16:9 model in the 43" range i am debating it with the Hitachi UWX10B. I'd say the majority of my viewing will be 4:3 with perhaps a DVD once a week or so. However, i don't want to handcuff myself over the next few years.

So the question is kinda 4:3 vs 16:9 but i also want to get feed back on these specific tv's. I am banging my head can anyone help me?

Thanks

2. DaleR

DaleR Stunt Coordinator

i am not familiar with the hitachi but i do own the sony and all i can say is that it is one awesome piece of, um, television. it was hugely expensive but worth it. if you watch a fair number of 4:3 broadcasts and vhs movies GET THIS T.V. . it also has things like 3:2 pulldown,or a line doubler or some other stuff understood by engineers, etc, which make it an excellent candidate for dvd. the only bummer is, of course, the fact that it is 4:3 and you lose alot of screen real estate when the film's aspect ratio is 2.33:1 or something like that. eg. the matrix, gladiator.

i almost forgot to add that the picture clatity and color are first rate and i believe hard to beat.