What's new

Sony 40" Wega (1 Viewer)

Allan_Tee

Auditioning
Does anyone know if Sony will be coming out with a new 40" Wega? The retailers in my area have dropped the price to $2500, but don't know if the drop is due to an impending model. I've tried to contact Sony themselves, but they don't know anything about new models....

James Stierman

Stunt Coordinator
Yes they are coming out with a new models but the specs have been hard to come bye. They hope to release the new model in sept or october and it will be 2799.99.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Are they going to make one similar in size that is a 16x9 screen? I have the 40-inch Mitsubishi now and it looks like it's going to last longer than I thought it would, but I still want to get a 16x9 as soon as I can afford one. The only problem is, I don't want a smaller widescreen picture than what I get now, and I'd like one at least slightly bigger if possible even if it gives me a smaller 4x3 picture. If I got the Wega I'd just be getting the same size with better resolution, and I think I can hold out for something a little better.

Lanny M

Agent
Crutchfield has the 40XBR800 listed for $2999. The are several additions over the 700. 720P input (converted to 1080i), new DRC circuitry, DVI input, Memory Stick playback.

The 40XBR700 is at Connecticut Tweeter etc stores for $2180.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks