What's new

Sony 40" LCD 40XBR2/XBR3 vs. 40V2500 (1 Viewer)

I won't be ready to pull the trigger on a 40" LCD for my bedroom until early next year, but I've got the itch at least to start researching. What are the main differences between the Sony V2500, XBR2 and XBR3? Is it really worth the $ to step up from one to the other? Perhaps the answer is yes for V2500 vs. XBR2 but not necessarily from XBR2 vs. XBR3 (I read somewhere that the only differences between the XBR2 and XBR3 are a black piano bezel and the warranty)? I won't be hooking the TV up to a surround sound system, but I will at some point upgrade my DVD player to get the most out of the TV's 1080p.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

jlarosa

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
David, I am very close to purchasing a Sony and I am asking myself the same questions. You are correct the only difference between the XBR2 and XBR3 is the black bezel and the warranty (6 additional months for the XBR3). The difference between the XBR2/3 and V2500 is the DRC, the video processor the style. The floating glass adds width and weight to the TV. In fact I think I prefer the black bezel look without the floating glass. I am not sure if I would ever use the DRC and I am not sure what the Pro processor would do for me. If you ask me today I do not feel the upgrade to the XBR series is enough to justify the additional price. So I will probably get the KDL-40V2500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks