What's new

Sony 36XBR450 owners: What DVD player are you using? (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
For those of you who have a Sony 36XBR450, which DVD player are you using?

If it's a progressive scan player, do you like the image better with the DVD player or with the TV's DRC/CineMotion?

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
im using a jvc sv-x62,progressive scan,w/monster video 3 comp.cables, looks awesome in the drc mode,it worked well in that mode so i never switched between int. or prog.besides it blacks out the options when it receives a progressive signal anyway.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I used to have a Pioneer DV-333 interlaced player. With that player I used an AR S-video cable and the TV's DRC mode. The picture was fantastic.

I stepped up to Monster component cables in December and continued to use the set's DRC mode. The picture seemed about the same, with slightly better color saturation.

My Pioneer player was stolen in March and I bought a Toshiba 4700. I use it in progressive mode, automatically disabling the XBR's DRC circuitry. The picture is excellent.

I can't say which was better, as I never did a proper A/B comparison.

nousername

Supporting Actor
Anyone with an 36XBR800, 34XBR800 and 34XBR2 can also answer this; as long as it's a direct-view XBR...

KerryC

Auditioning
I'm still using my old Panasonic A120U. The picture seems good, but I have never compared with a progressive player. I have been thinking about upgrading, perhaps to the Sony DVP-NS755V.

Kerry

nousername

Supporting Actor
I guess there's only 4 direct-view Sony XBR users out there. Thought there'd be more. Oh well...

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Sony KV-34XBR800 TV. I use a Pioneer Elite DV-37 DVD player. I'm in the process of getting more educated on how to tweak and fine-tune my HT system. So far, I really LOVE my TV and DVD player!

Dan

Paul Stiles

Agent
I also have the Sony 36XBR450. My DVD player is the Sony DVP-NS700P. For the price, I am satisfied with it, however, the new DVP-NS999ES looks interesting.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks