What's new

Sony 36XBR -800 problem...oh no!! (1 Viewer)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
I have had this TV for about 3 months now and last night I'm watching a movie where it's a bright scene. Well wouldn't you know it, the top left corner of the screen has a slight green discoloration.

MAGNETS!!!

Was my first thought, but my speakers (front left,right and center) are video shielded. Plus my left and right are approx 1 1/2 feet away from the T.V. Center channel not even close.

So could it be the speakers within the T.V. that are causing this? I have a freind who has the 40 XBR 800 and his after 1 year as the same problem, only the botten left corner.

Has anyone heard of these models having issues like this?

I've called Tweeter and told them, they are supposed to get back to me but haven't yet. God I hope I don't get the run around on a T.V. this new.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
I heard once (great start to a post, right? :)) that the flat screen TVs occasionally have discoloration in the corners. I have a 32" Wega and the corners are slightly blue when a white scene comes on. Annoying? Yes. Overly Annoying? No.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Change the position of the TV in the room and see if the discoloration remains.

Regards

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator
It won't please you to hear this. I originally thought of buying a 36" 4:3 then a 34" 16:9 XBR but was scared away by reports like yours. From the postings I've read, the repair technician often places special "aligning" magnets strategically around the CRT to correct for the effects of stray magneticism. Good luck!

:frowning:

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris

God I hope not! I've called the customer support at Tweeters, they haven't been as responsive as I would have hoped. Maybe I'll get in touch with them tomorrow.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
all i am saying is my tube has been replaced twice now beacuse of this problem.....it is alot better now but not perfect, (but no tv is perfect).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks