What's new

Sony 36HS500 help needed (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
I recently switched from digital cable to DirecTV, and I've noticed that I need to adjust my TV. HDTV via DVI in particular, I need to adjust the horizonal size. Channels such as Discovery HD and HDNET have logos that are badly cut-off on the bottom-right of the screen.

I've also noticed that regular TV via s-video could be adjusted a bit also. Channels like MSNBC have part of the ticker cut off the bottom.

I would appreicate it if someone could tell me how to make these adjustments. (Vertical/Horizonal size, etc.) I'm not very advanced in calibration though, so keep that in mind. I just made my first dive into the service menu a few months ago to fix the evil "red push." I followed some instructions that were posted in another forum, and it worked great. If I hadn't read about red push in these forums I probably wouldn't have even noticed, but since I did I'm glad I fixed it.

I assume that any adjustments that are made are only for the source in use, correct? I would imagine that my DVI would need different settings than my S-video to look correct.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions,
JT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks