Sony 35" (KV35S42) any good? Sears has good price.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay Villero, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Jay Villero

Jay Villero Agent

I wanted a 36" TV. but they all seem a little too pricey for me. Then I saw this on sale at Sears for $799 and figured it was worth the 1" loss for a nice Sony set and (relatively) low price. Anyone have any good/bad things to say about this TV?

2. Samson

Samson Stunt Coordinator

That's a good deal. I paid $899 at Circuit City for the same TV. It's a great TV. Direct TV doesn't look very good but I'm not sure if it's the TV or the Direct TV signal. It seems like that it might be the Direct TV signal. This TV looks incredible on DVD. I would've bought this TV based on its DVD performance. I would also suggest that you get the matching stand. It looks very good and if you ever decide to upgrade to a bigger and heavier center channel your TV stand would be able to handle the weight.

3. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

I've had this TV for about 18 months and have been very pleased. DVDs look good and my DirecTV signal looks good as well. This TV doesn't have component inputs, however.