1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sony 32hs500 ..where Is It On Sony's Site?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Gretton, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Michael Gretton

I ordered the HS500 from Crutchfield the other day but I wish to go look at it on sony's site. I noticed it is no where to be found. It used to be there. Did sony pull it from the shelves?

Mike

2. David_Rivshin

David_Rivshin Second Unit

Unfortunately Sony's website it notorious for not having up-to-date information on their products. They've been known to take a few months after shipping product before they even putting mention of their latest-and-greatest online. And even when they do add it to their website often the information is trivial and not terribly helpful, I'll usually go to Crutchfield's site to get the details on Sony products. Oh, and while I'm ranting, I should mention that Sony, unlike any other decent manufacturer, doesn't put product manuals on their website. So basically: Sony's product website is horrible, and pay no attention what-so-ever to it; it's most definitely not the definitive source of information on Sony products.
    [/rant=off] [​IMG]

3. Matt Rich

Matt Rich Auditioning

The funny thing is, the HV600 which came out at least 2-3 weeks after the HS500 is there now, but the HS is not....

Anwyay, Michael, how did your purchase go, i'm probably going to buy the HS500 from Crutchfield as well. Did you get the stand?

Matt

4. Michael Gretton

Matt: I am still waiting for my set. They send it via freight so it can be anywhere from 5 - 7 days for shipping. They are offering a 200 dollar shopping spree if you buy before july 2.

Mike