Sony 27" TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by tomas_c, Dec 20, 2002.

1. tomas_c

tomas_c Auditioning

I've been very happy with my 20" Trinitron TV, but wanted to upgrade to a larger TV.
    Prior to checking this forum (and others), I was seriously considering the purchase of the Sony KV-27fs100. But after reading people's complaints regarding pink lines, TV tube qualities and other related issues, I'm beginning to have second thoughts. Most of the complaints I've seen seem to be related to the KV-27fs13, which was the previous version of the fs100. Does anyone know if Sony has taken the time to fix these issues? I'm wondering I'm putting if too much emphasis on these complaints versus the number of satisfied owners who do not post any comments on the FS100.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Welcome aboard, Tomas. I think you'll be happy with the set. Get it, and if the thing doesn't perform satisfactorily, return or exchange it.

3. Gregory E

Gregory E Second Unit

As I stated in another thread, I bought a KV-32FS100 and I will be returning it due to some discoloration and dark streaks on the left side of the screen that I can't get rid of. Other than that, the set looks great. Anamorphic DVDs look awesome in 16:9 mode. I think Sony has had some quality control issues with their flat screens. But if you get a good one, they're great. Like Jack said, if you get one that doesn't live up to your expectations....take it back!