What's new

Sony 27 inch has serious problems (1 Viewer)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Wow, just when I bought the Sony 36 in XBR800 HDTV, my beloved 27 inch Sony KVseries went to crap!

I've only had the unit 4 years and last year it acted up with something that is hard to describe.

While watching TV it all of a sudden got 10 shades brighter, plus had lines streaking through horizontally. I never saw anything like it. Well, it seemed to get better for a while, but just tonight....bam, right back.

Does anyone know the description I'm talking about? Anyway, I'm bummed because I needed this T.V. for upstairs and at this time I really can't buy another set. Maybe a repair if I knew what it was and how much.

Any help, I know it's not much to go on but it's all I got.

thx

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
A few possibilities ; worst case - Shorting picture tube.
Other things : a cracked circuit board near the high voltage transformer - from moving the set ? or resting the bottom on a table edge during a move ?
Best case ; the picture tube socket could have come partially unplugged or a wiring harness could have stretched and come unplugged at one end. Both of these could have happened while moving the set.

Reseating connecters and sockets is a fairly simple operation but I hesitate to suggest it for someone of undetermined electrical experience since potentially lethal voltages could be present on the socket even with the set off for a long period of time.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Thanks Steve,

I do not have much electrical experience especially when it comes to a T.V's internals. I most likely going to have it looked at and if it's something like you described, hopefully it won't cost too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks