Sony 25inch wega, smudged colours

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul.Fr, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Paul.Fr

Paul.Fr Auditioning

I recently bought a sony wega flatscreen, and although it is excellent in all other respects,
    the reds come up rather poorly, sort of smudged streaking and pixellated. A basket of flowers in 'american beauty' is a total mess. This only seems to
    happen with Svideo and component, not composite or RF tv. And especially on NTSC. It is much milder on Pal.
    I thought at first maybe it was dvd player 'chroma bug,' but couldn't be because it also occurs
    with the playstation via s-video. It must be the TV's fault.
    Does anyone know what this problem is... and if there would be any service codes to fix it.
    Reducing the red colour saturation would help if that can be done.
    http://nicolep.digitalrice.com/tv/we...vice_codes.htm

2. Paul.Fr

Paul.Fr Auditioning

Is this then at least the type of problem you can get warranty-covered servicing for?

3. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

This happens too on our shitty Magnovox 25" Dinosaur we got in the living room. I just turned the color saturation down a bit and that fixed it. Other things I hate about this TV is that it's OLD, geometry sucks, and it has a tremendious amount of overscan. It's always the reds that smear, and I dunno why. It pisses me off. My dad keeps adjusting the color on our, and when he leaves to go to work, I switch it back. He comes back, "Why's the color so messed up?" I tell him, "Because the reds keep smearing and it drives me nuts!" I told him there's plenty of color in the picture and it's better this way than to have those REDs smearing. He's like, "ok, that's fine." And we left it at that. I'd like to have at least a 40-50 inch Widescreen set someday.