Sony 2100 Universal remote owners?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ReggieW, Dec 17, 2001.

1. ReggieW

ReggieW Screenwriter

I am in the process of purchasing this remote and would like to have some opinions on its ease of use and setup. I will be using it with my Denon 1802, JVC 721bk, JVC carousel CD player, JVC D-Cinema series monitor. I can get this remote for under $129.00 on sale, and just wanted to know if anyone has had problems getting it to work with certain components. Since my equipment is pretty new, I figure I wouldn't have much of a problem employing it with them. Please let me know.

R.C.

2. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

I had an 2100 and I absolutely loved it. I thought it was an economical alternative to the pronto. I highly recommend it. I see that you are in L.A.! There is a sony factory outlet near you. It is either Tracy or Lake Elsinore, but I cant recall wich one is in the L.A. area. I think they had these there for $99.00 for a while. It can't hurt to check.

Brandon

3. ReggieW

ReggieW Screenwriter

Thanks Brandon.
    I have discovered the past hour that e-tronics has them for $89.95. The 2100 is a nice alternative to the Prontos which go for a few hundred dollars. With my modest HT setup, I seriously couldn't justify a "Pronto pricetage" for a universal remote.
    Thanks,
    R.C.[​IMG]