What's new

Sony 1271 CRT - please suggest how to improve picture (1 Viewer)

FrankD

Stunt Coordinator
I have the following video equipment and would appreciate any suggestions on how I can improve the picture along with level of improvement.

I have:
-Sony 1271 CRT front projector (has been fully calibrated - Grey scale etc.)
-Panasonic RP91 - interlaced component feeding Quadscan Elite.
-Quadscan Elite - using 5BNC breakout cable to feed Sony 1271. I am using resolution of 800x600, 16:9 input and output
-Cable from Quadscan to Sony is a computer grade 5 BNC breakout cable that cost approximately $40.00 US and runs 25 feet.
-Cable from Panasonic to Quadscan is a 3 feet component cable by Better Cables that cost approximately $100 US
-Screen is 16:9 1.3 gain Duality Cinema Vision ISF certified

I have set my Panasonic video control to "Fine" and found that it makes the picture look clearer.

I do see the 6.75 Mhz patter on VE (circle at bottom right corner) but it is really not all that clear.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - but please give me indication of improvement in picture.

Some ideas that I have are:
-Get filter modification done on my Quadscan Elite?% improvement?
-Better Scaler? % improvement?
-Improve cable from Quadscan Elite to Sony? % improvement?
-Get an HTPC or a more user ready solution like the PD-1000 by PS? % improvement?
-SDI type equipment ??? % improvement?

Regards
Frank

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I would suggest a visit to the AVSForum CRT-area. You'll find the rest of the mad tweakers :D over there.
I'm guessing you already have a picture up there that would more than satisfy just about all of us here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks