1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony 1252Q $300! Pick up in Allentown PA only!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RANDY FISHER, Feb 4, 2002.

1. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Sony 1252Q $300! Pick up in Allentown PA only!
    I have had one of these collecting dust in my basement for about a year now. I am a designer for a A/V contractor and I got it from a company we were re-doing some meeting and conference rooms for. It works but probably needs to be re-tubed. I have the remote, many documents that I have collected from the net over the past year pertaining to the projector(manuals, throw charts). It has an RGBHV and an S-Video input card and I am sure it scans high enough to do HDTV with a component transcoder (or direct VGA). It weighs ~175lbs and I don't have the mount. I am getting ready to move and would like to get rid of it as I don't want to drag it with me.
    It works as I did fire it up but it's just to big and heavy for me to move around by myself and I have no place in my town house with a throw distance long enough to properly test just how bad off the CRT's are. The best I was able to get were (3) separate images (red green and blue) from the laptop screen saver I was using to attempt to throw an image on my kitchen patio blinds. I am in engineering for the A/V contractor I work for. Our sales person on the project it came from told me (2) of the (3) tubes needed to be replaced...the customer said no sell me a new LCD projector(much brighter in lumen, easier to set up, smaller, cheaper). They wanted nothing to do with fixing it so I asked if I could have it...they were using it for presentations in a large sloped conference room. If I remember correctly the lens spacers were set up for 150" diag. screen. I had thought about having our service dept. fix it but I just want to get rid of it. I am planning to buy a new house in the coming months and I don't feel like dragging it with me on the move. It's probably worth $300 for parts alone.
    If you are interested email me:
    days: [email protected]
    evenings: [email protected]
    Thanks Randy [​IMG]

2. Michel L

Michel L Auditioning

YGM

3. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Still available[​IMG]
    Randy

4. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Bump.

5. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Daily bump.

6. Nathan Reber

Nathan Reber Extra

Is the projector still available. Thanks and it won't do HDTV it doesn't have enough convergence

Nathan

7. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

8. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Still available and Yea....what Vince said!
    Randy[​IMG]

9. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

damn if I only lived closer [​IMG]

10. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Bump...come on people. Great starter projector for some do it your self tweaker looking to get into HDTV on a front projector.
    Randy[​IMG]

11. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I would buy it if I was in PA... how far is the drive? [​IMG]

12. Mike Doherty

Mike Doherty Auditioning

randy......

what ever happened to this unit?????

did you ever find a buyer? ( I'm looking for a parts unit)

mike

13. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

I'm looking for a green gun if it would work in a 1001q? Maybe we can enough interested in the parts to get you the cash plus some.

14. SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY Stunt Coordinator

Guys,

Since Randy is very busy these days, I will answer this for him. The Projector has been sold.