Sony 100" X92 4K HDR TV (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
$20,000 MSRP

LED

If it were 20” larger (120” diagonal) and half the price on the “street”, I’d give very serious consideration to how to overhaul my theater to make this work.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I did some googling last week and can’t find any further info on this TV. No reviews. No pricing or availability at retailers. It looks announced but not really shipping. I’m not actively shopping, but I’m curious given the situation with 4k projectors.

Edwin-S

Premium
200 Lbs. Hanging my LG 77" on the wall was a big enough PITA at 87 lbs. I actually got worried that the screen was going to crack because it started to flex picking it up off the table. It took three of us to get it mounted.

This certainly looks like an impressive TV with a high price that matches the weight, although the price level is impressive considering when 100 to 110" panels first came out they were in 100,000 dollar range, IIRC. Still I have to wonder whether a 4K resolution panel is sufficient at 100" and above due to the.possibility of seeing pixel structure at close viewing distances.

You would think an 8K panel would be more desirable at those sizes. So I would have to say if it was half the price, half the weight and 8K then I would think about buying something like that.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
@ Edwin-S, Sony's new 100" X92 is extremely well designed and built to be very sturdy and it wall mounts easily. The TV has 4 very well positioned handles on the backside of the TV to accommodate convenient lifting to wall mount the TV easily and safely.

I also was thinking that you might see the pixels when viewed close, but that's not the case. I frequently sit 4' from the 100" X92 and the image is stunning and you do not see the pixel structure.

Outstanding deep rich blacks, color accuracy, color saturation, color volume and Sony's new World Class XR video processor.
248411695_10159488769918445_181283751987516282_n.jpg

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
With the good 4K projectiors that are competent with HDR now $10k to $25k, I’m starting to actually wonder about going to direct display. My screen is 120”, so 100” is in the ballpark. And the pricing is similar to a high end projector. 120” direct view might be a year or two away?

There are two other major issues with direct view: speaker placement (especially switching from speakers behind AT screen); and whether a 100” to 120” TV could actually get down into my basement.

But the distinction between direct views and projectors is shrinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
francischen
Recent bookmarks