What's new

Sons of Anarchy - Season 1 (FX) (1 Viewer)

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
What, nobody watched? Despite mixed reviews I think this is definitely the next "Shield", simply because of its grittiness und unpleasentness, which I love. The journey that lies ahead of Jax, the protagonist, seems to be very promising also, and the whole looks of the show, its cinematography, is not only very appealing to me but somewhat "Shield"ish, also.

Granted, it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but what really great show is? If you haven't watched it yet, please give it a chance and do so before episode 2 airs. I am totally thrilled with "Sons of Anarchy", it's much, much better than I thought it would be when I first heard about the premise, 'It's about a motorcycle gang'. Among the best series to premiere in years, I'd say.

Enjoy!

Alex

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
HBO is working on a show with the very similar idea.

I was gonna try to catch this. Will try to watch a repeat.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I haven't followed a series in years (I tried with Terminator:SCC, but that died for me four weeks in), and truly regret not watching The Shield and The Wire. So I made sure to tune in last night. And I was very happy with the show, so I'll be tuning in every week for the foreseeable future.

Very well done, and very good set-up. Lots of great character actors in Sons of Anarchy, and a very appealing lead.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I just finally caught up on this on the dvr. Really liked it especially on the second viewing. Some really good character actors in this.

Was real surprised to see Mitch Pileggi(Skinner X- Files) a white supremacist?? LOL!!!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't blown away but it was pretty entertaining. I always enjoy seeing Ron Pearlman, Katie Sagal and Mitch Pileggi so I'll keep watching.

If you've got On Demand, they have the episodes in HD.

Blu

Screenwriter
I enjoyed this show but to me Ron Perlman is just amazing to watch act.
He is just a really entertaining actor!

Chris Medland

Auditioning
I've been waiting for this show for quite a while, and I wasn't disappointed! Being a big Sopranos fan, I always wished there was a show like it, but about bikers. I will be definitely watching this every week.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
After episode 2, I'm officially in love with this show! Incredible! Let's hope it will last.....looking at the ratings it's by no means a safe bet, not even on FX. They canceled Dirt, after all.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I've always loved motorcycle gang movies and documentaries. I remember watching a documentary about the Hell's Angels, and it was absolutely riveting.
I'm going to catch the pilot for this show, and start watching it weekly.

I'm intrigued.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I am enjoying it so far, though I liked the pilot better than this ep. Still getting setup.

--
H

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Argh, I missed this Wed's episode. Anyone know where I can catch it online? Doesn't look like FX shows the replays on their site.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit

I'm just north of Boston and our Comcast On Demand has it under the TV series menu then under FX. It's the only thing that FX offers On Demand so far.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Anyone watching? I enjoyed this ep a lot more than the last one. More character intros, more setup, I like how the scope is slowly broadening.

--
H

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I'm liking it too....not totally drawn in, but liking it.

Gotta say, Katey Sagal is outstanding in this show. Long long way from Peggy Bundy!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Finally caught up with my recordings -- thumbs up from me!

(I still think of Charlie Hunnam as Nathan on the British "QAF".)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks