Sonotube

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AndyHangartner, Mar 1, 2003.

1. AndyHangartner

AndyHangartner Stunt Coordinator

Going to try a Sonotube design using the Titanic MkII. Could use some help with tube length using a 16" tube. The driver specs are:
    FS 22.8
    VAS 4.46
    QMS 9.56
    QES .43
    QTS .41
    SD77.7
    The tube will have 1.5 plugs top and bottom and 1.5 inch egg crate lining and a 4 inch port. Need help with the overall tube length and the port length (flared).This will be a combo H/T and music sub. Maybe two if I like it.
    thanks
    andy

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

3. bruin

bruin Second Unit

andy,

I was just to get into building the same design and driver! Keep us posted on your progress as well as pictures if available. Good luck!

4. AndyHangartner

AndyHangartner Stunt Coordinator

thomas
    thanks for the sites. but, I think I need some calculations for 'best' volume for the woofer and port length for tuning. where do I find these.
    thanks as always
    andy

5. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

There is no "best volume and tuning". It's a matter of taste, really. Some like low tuning for more neutral bass and driver protection, some like it "hot" (higher tuning for more boom). Also need to know what you're going to power it with (does amp have subsonic filters or not). It's all about personal tastes and compromises. Need it to be a certain size.....may have to give it more power or sacrifice extension.....that type of thing.

Pete