1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Sonotube Sub

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Shawn _G, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Shawn _G

Shawn _G Auditioning

Call me a amateur at this whole DIY game but are there some detailed plans on building a sonotube. I have done allot of searching and all it has turned up is peoples detailed projects which are great but not detailed enough since I have absolutely no idea what I am doing any help in pointing me in the direction of some detailed plans would be greatly appreciated. Even could use some good tips.

Thanks,
    Shawn

2. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Have you looked at the link for sono sub projects at the top of the page? I know most of them are just pictures but there are a few very detailed ones in there. If I remember right Patrick Sun, ( sorry if I spelled it wrong ) has done a very nice detailed step by step on his sono. Not to mention their are quite a few people here who are willing to help you out with whatever questions you may have. My self I don't understand all the numbers & jumble of how to tune an enclosure for a certain sub but give me the demensions & I can build anything. A sono is very easy to build if you do it. I have built three or four of them now with nothing more than my trusty router, circle jig, & a jig saw.

PS If you go to my link at the top you can see my beast. Its a 220liter sono tuned to 17hz useing a Dayton 15" DVC & PE 250watt plate amp.

3. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

4. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

Shawn,
    Check out Pat's site and also download a copy of WinISD Pro. This will give you a good start. Choose a driver or two and enter as many of the T/S numbers as you can and see what happens. Then, just for grins, try changing the enclosure from ported to sealed, or change the volume or the port configuration and see what happens.