Sonotube in DC

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Dickerson, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Mike Dickerson

Mike Dickerson Stunt Coordinator

Mike
    Hi. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to buy sonotube in the DC area. Thanks.

2. Andrew Bowzer

I also would like to know this. I live in Woodbridge, VA, but I'd do just about anything to get rid of my large MDF box for a "different" shape. I looked in the phone book, and there were some construction supply stores in Manassas, I'll have to give them a call sometime because I was running out the door at the time.

Where in the DC area are you?

3. Kevin_V

Kevin_V Agent

For new sonotube, I can only recommend checking the yellow pages under concrete construction supply houses or Sonoco's website for area distibutors.
    I just finished a Shiva sub and have about a 6' piece of 18" sonotube leftover. I originally got a 9' piece from a fellow HTF member so it's only fitting that my leftovers should help another member. If your interested let me know. I'm in Arlington.
    - Kevin

4. Mike Dickerson

Mike Dickerson Stunt Coordinator

Mike
    Sure, I'd be very happy to have the 18" Sonotube if you wouldn't mind. Thanks.

5. Kevin_V

Kevin_V Agent

YGM

6. David-S

David-S Second Unit

I got mine in springfield, i forget the name of the place, but it was under "concrete supply" on backlick road in springfield... they had a large variety of sizes, w/ decent pricing...

7. GregE

GregE Agent

Try Sheets Wholesale in Sterling. They have just about everything.

8. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I don't know the name of the place but my brother found a place in Manassas that cut his to size at no extra charge. I think he paid $23 for 46" of 16" diameter tube.