Sonotube design hypothetical

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TimForman, Mar 5, 2003.

1. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

What if a Sonotube sub design incorportated a PR rather than a port? For example, a 72" long tube, downward firing driver, upward facing PR on the other end. Can this be software modeled or has anybody tried it?

2. no...

PR's are ONLY..i repeat..ONLY for vertical mounting.

THe weight and soft suspension would cause the PR rest at it's at its mechanical excurision limit.

3. TimForman

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing but went ahead anyway. Thanks for the reply.

4. Jeremy Stockwell

Jeremy Stockwell Supporting Actor

Should work if you lay the tube on it's side, though. Even I wouldn't want 6ft of Sonotube in the corner of my living room. On it's side might be the best option anyway.

There somebody around here that made a long table using sonotube on its side. Search function isn't working now, I'll try to find a link later.

JKS

5. TimForman

Were you thinking of this guy? A PR could be used in this setup. I wonder what the benefit would be? Hideaway Sub
    You may not want a 6 ft sub in your room but I'm seriously thinging of doing this, without the PR though. I'm thinking....Roman Column..Yeah, that's it.