Sonotube Availability Questions

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Adam Smith, May 27, 2003.

1. Adam Smith

Adam Smith Agent

Hello, I am a new member to this forum, and am getting into home audio. I am familiar with many of the ideas and concepts behind DIY audio since I have been into mobile audio for a few years. Now, on to the question. [​IMG] I have an Adire Audio Tempest and an Adire Audio AVA250 amplifier on order, and am planning on building an enclosure out of a sonotube. I called around to all the local cement and construction places and none of them sell sonotube. My local hardware stores don't carry it either. Where did you all purchase your sonotube, and do you have any idea where I could purchase some? I was aiming for an 18" sonotube (but I can be flexible), and I need just under three feet of it. Thanks in advance for the replies.

2. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

Adam,

Realize that "sonotube" is a brand name. You're actually looking for a round concrete form, so perhaps that'll help. I found several local places that had them.

Also you could call Sonoco who makes them. HTH....Mike

3. George Balzer

George Balzer Auditioning

Adam, I am planning on building columns on eithor side of my screen out of sonotube. I have seen sonotube at my not so local HomeDepot. Unfortunately, I didn't take notice to price or availability. Hope this steers you in the right direction.

George
    www.geocities.com/banditbalz/theatre

4. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

The Quickrete tubes at Home Depot are only available in 8", 10", and 12" diameters.

Information for finding a Sonoco dealer near you can be found on this page.