What's new

Sonosub Startup (1 Viewer)

RichardG

Auditioning
Hello Everybody!

I really want to try to build my own subwoofer using the sonosub design. I still have a lot of reading/research to do before I get started but would like to get some direction here. I would like my first sonosub to be

compact. I want to use a 10" subwoofer made by BLAUPUNKT

which the model number is PCwi1000 10" SUBWOOFER and has frequency response of 20hz - 2,000Hz. This subwoofer is from parts express and cost about 129.95. I would like this woofer to be tuned to about 25hz (Vented) and need some preliminary size specifications. I would do this myself but I am still figuring out how the software from adireaudio and WinISD works. I would like to sub to be around the 2ft height and the diameter to be proportionate. But go ahead and suggest whatever is optimal. Also, Am i right in my thinking that a smaller sub would yeild a smaller enclosure Or could I use a 12" shiva and still have a compact enclosure? I want to get started in the month of May. BTW, I got lucky and I have a couple of friends who have the neccessary tools. Thanks!!

RichardG

Auditioning
I'm back,

After futher reading/research I already decided on a plan. I just would like to know of any good sites that show an efficient or nice way to mount the an amp. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread