What's new

"Songs from the second floor" - "Meaning of Life" reference? (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
For those who have seen "Songs from the second floor" (WHAT AN EXCELLENT MOVIE, by the way :)), I would like to know what you think of the scene with all the businessmen in the meeting who go to the windows to look out when someone says that the building across the street is moving.
Do you think this was a conscious reference to the opening sequence in "The meaning of life"? It almost seemed that way to me.
The movie in general reminded me of a more "artsy" version of "The meaning of life" actually.
/Mike

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Yes, that's exactly what I thought when I this excellent film (twice).
I have no idea if it was an intentional reference to Monty Python or a complete coincidence, but the entire film does have a certain Monty Python-ish feel to it, although the film is a much more sombre film than anything made by the Pythons.
My favorite film of 2000 :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I remember very few specifics about this film since I saw it nearly a year ago at Roger Ebert's Overlooked Film Festival. (Hey, and I even got to chat and get my picture taken with two of the stars.) The main impression I had was that it was Pythonesque, particularly the parade of self-flagellators. I think this film is slowly starting to trickle out via a limited release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks