What's new

song on HBO trailer (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

I'm new to the list and was hoping that someone could help me ID a song that I heard on the trailer to HBO's upcoming movie, Hysterical Blindness. It's a woman blues-rock singer with the chorus "I just want to be a woman..." Has anyone else heard this song? I can't get it out of my head and would like to download it if I can figure out who sings it and/or the title. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!
~Kathleen :b

L. Anton Dencklau

Second Unit
Kathleen, you're in for some great music in the near future.
That song is "Glory Box" by Portishead off the the "Dummy" album. Go buy it and their eponymous follow up album immediately.
"Dummy" is almost eight years old and I still listen to it probably once a month. I can't give it a higher recommendation.

Thank you so much!! I thought that song sounded familiar, I have that CD!! I just haven't listened to it in a really long time. Thanks so much!!

Kathleen, who can't wait for the new Beth Orton CD tomorrow!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Darn, I thought this was about the music on the old HBO Feature Presentation intro, which is on one of the "Television's Greatest Hits" CDs...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks