What's new

Pre-Order Song of the Thin Man (Warner Archive Collection) (1947) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61deySlEGIL._SX522_.jpg

Preorder Available Shortly

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

COMING IN JANUARY 2022!

Newly remastered for Blu-ray from a 4K Scan of best preservation elements!

SONG OF THE THIN MAN (1947)

BD-50
86 Minutes
B&W
DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono
16x9 1.37:1 Aspect Ratio (with Side Mattes)
Special Features: M-G-M Passing Parade short "A Really Important Person"; Tex Avery Cartoon "Slap Happy Lion"; Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

At a charity gambling benefit aboard the S.S. Fortune, the tables are hot, the jazz is hotter and before you know it, a bandleader’s body is growing cold. They’re playing your song, Nick and Nora Charles! William Powell and Myrna Loy return for the sixth and final time as the married sleuths, rousting suspects out of bed for 4 a.m. interrogations while trying to fathom the bebop argot of ‘40s jazz jive. Speaking of their renowned screen chemistry, Loy once said, “It wasn’t a conscious thing. If you heard us talking in a room, you’d hear the same thing. He’d tease me, and there was a sort of blending which seemed to please people.” Decades later, people are still pleased. The melody of Song of the Thin Man and the entire beloved series lingers on.

263210181_10160061024681563_7720497265146501970_n.jpg

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Glad to see WAC on FB to confirm titles. This was on my wish list post I made the other day :) Now I have to decide whether or now to group the series together or just ABC them like the rest :D Decisions, decisions

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
I think Song is the weakest of the Thin Man films, but I'll still pick it up just to have that much more time spent with Nick and Nora. Glad WAC made it all the way through the series!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
We've mentioned Dean Stockwell and Jayne Meadows and Patricia Morison, but there is also Keenan Wynn, Don Taylor (in a heartbreaking role), Leon Ames, Gloria Grahame, Ralph Morgan, Connie Gilchrist, Marie Windsor, and the ever-present Bess Flowers. A great cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks