What's new

Song of the South (1 Viewer)

JohnRyan

Stunt Coordinator
Disney - PLEASE consider re-releasing "Song of the South" in the USA! I was recently able to see the whole movie instead of the little snippets that used to be shown on the Disney channel forever ago. I don't understand what all the hype is about. It is a GREAT movie and I see nothing wrong with it as far as racial whatevers go! I would like to think that America has matured over that past few decades and be able to see this movie as a fun splendid movie!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
We had this discussion many times already. Although most people do not honestly understand why this film could be seen as non-pc, some people do. Some are even passionately against a new release.
We suspect there's little chance it will appear any time soon on the US market, even though it would probably generate a big revenue.

Best chances are in Europe and Japan. The VHS tape of SOTS has been available for a long time in those parts of the world, while it wasn't inside the US of A.

Cees

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Scott MacQueen recently restored the film, so I'd actually expect a DVD from Disney in the next year or two.

There's no info for a DVD, but it makes you wonder why Disney would restore the film if they didn't plan to release it....

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That's great news. Let's hope it was intended for the US market as well!

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks