What's new

Son of Weird Spam; Part 2... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Anyone else get something like this in the mail today? Received 4 copies, and finally had to block the ..person.. from my mail server...

>>
I am presently on political asylum in Nigeria . I got >your contact over the internet during my search for a >assistance in this mutual >transaction.this became neccessary as i do not want anybody known to me to be associated with this money. I want you to note that this business will benefit both of us and that it is 100% risk free. However, you must confirm your ability to handle this because it involves a large amount of money. The funds THIRTY SEVEN MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($37million)is my share of my father's estate. I boxed and shipped the money to a security company abroad at the peak of the a political uprising that rocked my country few years ago. Now the crisis has ended , I need a trustworthy person like you to proceed to the place of the security company in order to clear the fund and afterwa!
rds,i will come to your country for us to start a joint business venture as i do not have the intention of bringing the funds back to africa for a very long time. Note that I will send to you the relevant documents that will enable you take possession of the fund for onward investment for our mutual benefit. All I need from you is as follows: 1. Your confirmation of your ability to handle this. 2. Your word that you will keep this business as confidential as possible at all times until we conclude this business. 3. Your telephone and fax numbers for communication. 4. Your full permanent address. > >As soon as I get the above information from you, I will disclose to you the name and the country of the security company. i will also forward to you the contact of the diplomat that i have hired to assist us in this business.i will also forward your name and particulars to the security company to enable them contact you accordingly. As we make p!
rogress,i will also send to you a LETTER OF AUTHORITY and AGREEMENT LETTER to enable you clear the fund on my behalf. Note that this is a very safe transaction as this funds is my share of my father's estate. >>

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's a total scam. I don't know what the scam entails exactly, at best you enter into some crappy buisiness, at worst you're laundering money for criminals

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
This scam has been around for years. They used to send letters by fax, but now email seems to be their method of choice. There was even a story on NPR about this scam--I believe it is called the "Nigeria Scam."

You aren't laundering money, but you are giving access to your bank account and your money disappears. This letter doesn't ask for any account information, but I bet the follow-up letter will. Many people have fallen for this. Apparently this has become somewhat of a cottage industry in several African countries.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
The ol' Nigeria Scam. I've received a similar e-mail before. I forwarded it to the FBI I believe.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I've also seen things like this where they get you to fly out to meet them somewhere in a third world country... then kill you and take your money and belongings. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread