Son of Dracula 70s version

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Grant B, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I would love to see this movie since Harry Nilsson is in it and there are very few instances where he can be seen.
    Is this movie on anything besides VHS?
    I have read it's bad. any redeeming qualities besides the fact that Harry and Ringo are in it ?

2. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

It's got a great soundtrack. I used to own it on 8-track, of all things, and played it a ton. And I don't care, Ringo is watchable in anything, no matter how big a piece of crap it is otherwise.

3. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Better start praying for a miracle.

Harry Nilsson was at a Beatlefest and I asked him if this would ever see a videotape release. He said they've lost it.

I'm sure there are copies out there in the world - I have a bootleg video tape of it which is in poor but watchable condition, and I'm sure in a basement somewhere there is a cardboard box with a copy but I think this will forever be known as a lost film.

And yes, it's pretty bad. Ringo's acting is wooden but the soundtrack rocks.

-paul

4. Grant B

Grant B Producer

5. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Harry can also be seen in Skidoo, as a prison guard. He sang the movie credits in that one.
    I've never been able to figure out why 99% of the world can't pronounce his last name since he says it clearly in "Skidoo" and at the beginning and end of Pandemonium Shadow Show.

Jim

HINT: It's pronounced just the way it looks.

6. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Actually, quite a few films from the 1970s seem to be lost, a casualty of small independent studios that went under and their elements scattered to the winds or more likely destroyed so as not to have to pay costs of storage. It's not quite as bad as the days of the silent, when studios would destroy their own films to recover the silver content of the film, but it's not good either.