What's new

Son of a.....what has happened to my JBL N-Center II?! (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Well, taking the poor man's route I picked up a JBL NSP1 II set from a non-authorized seller on eBay a couple of weeks ago, and up until yesterday everything was wonderful. Tuesday night I had noticed Ed Norton's voice would produce a bit of a faint "crackling" sound whenever it got a little too nasally in "Red Dragon". Being optimistic, I blew it off. Then, last night, it happened. While playing my PS2, I noticed pretty much any loud dialogue would bring about that "crackling" sound. Then, at one point while playing music during the game, there was about a 5 second interval of crackles and pops that made it sound like it was playing off an old LP.

Panicking, I popped the nearest DVD to me into my Panny DVD player, which happened to be Spider-Man. Everything seemed fine on low key dialogue, but as soon as the wrestler who had just been mauled by Randy Savage told Tobey Maguire "I can't feel MY LEEEGS!", the crackling returned. So basically, any high pitched or loud dialogue causes this to happen. I plugged in my old center channel speaker, and everything was fine. What has malfunctioned on my N Center II, and more importantly, since the warranty is useless, how much will it cost to fix?

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
You could buy an N-center ii to repalce the malfunctioning one.

Or you could take the drivers out and inspect the internal crossover to see if something is loose. Check various connections and see if anything looks funny. (No warranty anyways)

Or get them serviced and find out how much it costs for JBL to repair them.

Or do what the last guy did and that is sell them on ebay. :thumbsdown:

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Well, lo and behold, only AFTER I drive an hour up and an hour back to the nearest JBL repair center, the problem manifests itself on another center channel speaker I have.
So now it would appear we have a cheap speaker wire or a Kenwood VR-6060 problem. Thanks for your help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks